Stewards of the Sierra National Forest Inc. Public Input Needed 2018-2019 California State Parks OHV Green Sticker Grant Meeting
The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest Inc. are requesting public input for the 2018-2019 California State Off-Highway Motor Vehicle (OHV) Green Sticker funding/proposal submission cycle by hosting a General Public Open House meetings on February 13, 2019 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the:
The Pizza Factory
37184 Ave. 12
Madera Ranchos Ca. 93643
Each year, the State of California makes funding available through the OHV Grants Program. The grants program provides financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations (federal, city, county, nonprofit, etc.) that develop, expand, maintain, operate, support, or contribute to well-managed, high-quality, OHV recreation areas, roads and trails. The OHV grants program has funds that are available for education, operation and maintenance, law enforcement and restoration projects.
The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest Inc. (Stewards) will be submitting an OHV grant application for ground operations funding to help improve the overall OHV experience here in the Sierra National Forest.
The Stewards have begun developing our State OHV grant project proposal for the 2018/2019 program period. We would like to invite the public and our members to our monthly meeting to discuss potential project ideas for our grant deliverables. The public meeting will be held February 13, 2019. 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm at the Pizza Factory located at 37184 Ave. 12, Madera Ranchos Ca. 93636.
Public input will be gathered at these meeting or you may submit written comments by sending them to:
Stewards of the Sierra National Forest
P.O. Box 601
North Fork Ca. 93643
Attention: Steve Cowdrey
Comments regarding the 2018-2019 California State OHV funding proposal are due and need to be received by the Stewards no later than February 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
2018-2019 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to Remember:
• January 7-11, 2019: Grants Program Workshops
• Monday January 14, 2019: Grant Application process begins.
• Monday March 4, 2019: Preliminary applications are due by 5:00 pm.
• Tuesday March 5, 2019 to Monday May 6, 2019: Public review and comment period.
• Monday June 3, 2019: Final applications are due.
• June and July 2019: OHMVR Division review of final applications.
• Monday August 5, 2019: Application Results-Intent to Award posted.
• Tuesday August 6, 2019 to Wednesday September 4, 2019: Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period.
• Thursday September 5, 2019: Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website.